Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

ท่าอากาศยานสุรินทร์ภักดี
ต้อนรับอากาศยานเที่ยวบินพิเศษ
คณะรองนายกรัฐมนตรี และรัฐมนตรีว่าการกระทรวงสาธารณสุข ในช่วงเช้าของวันนี้ เพื่อตรวจเยี่ยมสถานการณ์ภัยแล้งของโรงพยาบาลสุรินทร์

In Airport, loyal.
Welcome the air, ship, special flight.
Deputy Prime Minister and minister that the ministry of public health in the morning of today to check out the drought situation of the in hospital.
·
Rate this translation

"Oh Gosh! There really is a drought here!!"

"OK... Now what are you going to do about it eh?"

Madame has arrived home with the complete set for the borehole. I question whether the pipes are enough or the correct size.

DSCN2111.JPG

I also question her driving skills when carrying a load................................

DSCN2108.JPG

Duh! From one hole to another. More work for another day.............................

DSCN2109.JPG

No, I pressed her for an answer. It must work because @Jeppe has gone down 32 metres and presumably is only using a single jet pipe good, in theory, for 18 metres. Whatever. We will know the answer later today.

When I reported that the drill goes down to 32 meters, it was one of the kids that said that. When I spoke with my GF, she said 34 meters.
If it is a single or double jet, I cannot say for sure. I was not there when they install it. But I would guess single.

Anyway, she say the water are good, and the flow are good also. When I look at a video with the water flow, I would guess 10-20 liters pr. min. 10 liters pr. min will be 14,4m3 pr. day.That is much more that we need.

When they was in our place drilling, several neighbors showed up and was interested. Now the drilling guys have 5-6 more jobs in this village.

Madame has arrived home with the complete set for the borehole. I question whether the pipes are enough or the correct size.

View attachment 29862

I also question her driving skills when carrying a load................................

View attachment 29863

Duh! From one hole to another. More work for another day.............................

View attachment 29864

How much did you pay for the complete pump set with all accessories?

The lady in the shop that is selling this pump when asked how deep the pump can go said, "No problems, it can pump as deep as you want it to pump, 20M, 30M, 40M or even 60M - no problems!" So there you have it. It's a jack of all trades and can handle any situation.

My wife is in town at the moment buying this pump, the Mitsan DP-301, and 5 lengths of 2 inch 'taps'. For some reason she has a mental block on the word pipes. I hope her Thai is better than her English. She has been on the phone to the man drilling the hole, he asked for 5 taps. Barring any hold ups he is going to bore the hole today. I have almost finished the electric supply from the house to the pumps.

I don't believe the lady in the shop.

The pipe (taps) lengths are generally 4 metres so you have 20 metres of 2" pipe. What is the diameter of the casing or is this pipe the casing?

Pass. Let us wait and see.

This is why I am currently procrastinating awaiting the success of your venture. At the present time only Merlin appears to know the level of the water table where he lives. Everyone else is speculating. However, the boring foreman will have years of experience (more than likely) in his field and in this area and he seems to believe that the water table is less than 20 metres down.

I await with baited breath.

As an aside, my neighbour's 8 m suction pump, unbeknown to me, didn't work so he has bought another. I have yet to determine the make, model and specification of the new pump.

Did the pipe jump out of the truck?

She told me she was playing with Bruno ........................

_gallery-image.aspx

This is why I am currently procrastinating awaiting the success of your venture. At the present time only Merlin appears to know the level of the water table where he lives. Everyone else is speculating. However, the boring foreman will have years of experience (more than likely) in his field and in this area and he seems to believe that the water table is less than 20 metres down.

As an aside, my neighbour's 8 m suction pump, unbeknown to me, didn't work so he has bought another. I have yet to determine the make, model and specification of the new pump.

As do I. Seems he had problems with his first bore today and had to drill another along side the first. Unlikely that he will now show today.

I have no idea what level the water table are with me. But I will try to measure it if possible when I get home.

Maybe @nomad97 will check the water table level when he have the drill done, tomorrow maybe?

Last edited:
PM urges public to help ease northeasterners’ drought hardships
  • August 11, 2019
  • views 54
  • Share Post
IMG_22105_20190809124553000000.jpg

(Photo) PM Prayut Chan-o-cha at opening ceremony of a trial run of BTS Green Line, August 11th, 2019
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is urging members of the public to help ease the suffering of people living in Thailand’s northeast caused by the ongoing drought. He asked that the public contribute whatever they can, financially or physically, as a tribute to Her Majesty Queen Sirikit, the Queen Mother, and His Majesty the King.

Government spokeswoman Mrs. Narumon Pinyosinwat said today that the people could make donations to buy fuel to run heavy machinery, deployed to dredge underground wells or to unclog shallow water ways. Alternatively, people can volunteer to take food to officials at work or help dig shallow channels ahead of the arrival of rain.

She said the Prime Minister believes that, if each of us can offer a helping hand during the drought crisis, national unity would be strengthened.

Regarding the serious water shortage in Surin province, where the provincial hospital has been pleading for water, Mrs. Narumon said the Prime Minister plans to visit the province, and others, to observe the situation at first hand, adding that the Prime Minister has instructed Deputy Agriculture Minister Thammanat Prompao to fly to the province to supervise relief efforts, especially at the hospital.

As an immediate but temporary measure, water was being pumped into the water processing facility from three old quarries in the province, as water has already been drained from other sources such as Ampil and Huay Saneng reservoir.

Meanwhile, Natural Resources and Environment Minister Warawut Silpa-archa had ordered officials, from the Water Resources and Groundwater Resources departments, to Surin and Buri Ram provinces with heavy machinery to explore underground water sources and to pump water for general use.

Where underground water sources are located, they will be dredged to form clusters of wells so there will be water to irrigate the arid rice farmland and for consumption.

The minister expressed serious concern about the parched farmland, noting that most of it has no irrigated water.

We have many plants in our garden and trees surround us on 3 sides. They are thriving (at present) and they are obviously not being watered (except for that little downpour two nights ago). I know very little about growing stuff but I believe all plants obtain their water through their roots from underground. There is no way that the roots of our plants obtain their water from 32 metres down.

Phone call received, the 'man' is on the way to do the job tonight. It's Mother's Day tomorrow. Better get some beer in for the workers. And maybe the rain is on the way too.

DSCN2115.JPG f,

I have done my job, the electrics are almost ready and the pump is aligned to send water straight to the house, no filter. The filter man will come on Tuesday, maybe. If not, I will do the job myself. The system is designed as an either/or. That is we will be able to switch supplies between the town's water and the well water.

Jury rig for today, we should have clean water tonight .......................at least it will be cleaner than the water we received yesterday.

DSCN2112.JPG

Phone call received, the 'man' is on the way to do the job tonight. It's Mother's Day tomorrow. Better get some beer in for the workers. And maybe the rain is on the way too.

View attachment 29865 f,

I have done my job, the electrics are almost ready and the pump is aligned to send water straight to the house, no filter. The filter man will come on Tuesday, maybe. If not, I will do the job myself. The system is designed as an either/or. That is we will be able to switch supplies between the town's water and the well water.

Jury rig for today, we should have clean water tonight .......................at least it will be cleaner than the water we received yesterday.

View attachment 29866

Is anyone in Surin getting water from your water works which is getting water from the quarry?

I have no idea what level the water table are with me. But I will try to measure it if possible when I get home.

Maybe @nomad97 will check the water table level when he have the drill done, tomorrow maybe?

There is a hole being bored down the road. We should find out where the water table is from that bore. When it is determined, we are provisionally on the list 3 days later so then the type of pump required may be determined. [I shall be checking the pump specification, not listening to the lady in the shop].

I have now discovered that my neighbour's pump was not (possibly) inadequate for the job but was captained. That's why he bought a new one.

Is anyone in Surin getting water from your water works which is getting water from the quarry?

Not I. But there's a few hundred folks between me and the start of the supply in our village. They will all get their fill before me. Even when we had no restrictions, we only had an adequate supply overnight but that was sufficient to replenish the tank.

Back