ขบวนรถถังวิ่งเต็มสุรินทร์

(รถขนถังใส่น้ำ)

#ชาวสุรินทร์ขาดน้ำ #ภัยแล้งสุรินทร์

The tank convoy is running full of in.

(bucket car with water)

#ชาวสุรินทร์ขาดน้ำ #ภัยแล้งสุรินทร์
·
Rate this translation

We had to order 2 of those yesterday in order to drill the well. Not particularly clean water either. The bath room last night was tainted yellow with the sediments in the trucked water supplies. My wife says we used the best part of 6,000 litres to drill the well - and after drilling most of that went to watering the front garden, very muddy under foot.

Any update on nightlife venues aka Soi Kola, restaurants and local shops?:rolleyes: Were coming up today.:D

The lovely wife went to get us some water locally this morning, and was delayed a bit by a truck with a large water container in front of her. That truck was from Surin...was that you Yorkie?:blush:

Any update on nightlife venues aka Soi Kola, restaurants and local shops?:rolleyes: Were coming up today.:D
My wife tells me many of the restaurants are closed because of the lack of water. You may have to shop around and/or stick to the main shopping centers like Robinson's. Even Robinson's have closed the WC's on the 1st floor although those on the ground floor are still working. The lack of water is a real problem for most of Surin - there just isn't any. What water there is is being trucked in. People are being laid off work because of the water situation.

My wife has gone bananas! She has now added a resin filter to extract the calcium from the water supply and ordered a reverse osmosis unit for drinking water. Now in the process of flushing the filters for first use followed by filling the holding tank. The RO unit is on the way from the shop and will be installed this afternoon. Happy days!

DSCN2132.JPG

DSCN2133.JPG

Total cost in round figures:

Borehole and pump: 13,000

Carbon / Magnesium Filter: 14,000

Resin Filter (Calcium): 14.000

500 litre tank: 4,000

RO Unit: 8,000

Total: 53,000 baht

My wife has gone bananas! She has now added a resin filter to extract the calcium from the water supply and ordered a reverse osmosis unit for drinking water. Now in the process of flushing the filters for first use followed by filling the holding tank. The RO unit is on the way from the shop and will be installed this afternoon. Happy days!

View attachment 29884

View attachment 29885

Total cost in round figures:

Borehole and pump: 13,000

Carbon / Magnesium Filter: 14,000

Resin Filter (Calcium): 14.000

500 litre tank: 4,000

RO Unit: 8,000

Total: 53,000 baht

A estimated 4,000 thb drill hole ends up with a lot more in total cost I can see :coldsweat:

For how long is it expected the filters will last before replacement, and what is the price for new filters?

And where did you buy these filters? I guess I will go for something similar.

Just returned from the BIG CITY.:rolleyes:;;bad simle;; Rice on the 214 was stunted for lack of rain but it was alive. Numerous canals and ponds have water in them. At the turn off on the 214 for the rock quarry GPS 14.7627666025, 103.430924091 saw three pick ups each with two 2000 liter white plastic tanks going in and three tucks with same coming back out. Took a detour and dropped one of the locals off at the Surin Prison to visit her son.;;horror;; They were doing a brisk business selling lotto tickets and mama noodles. ;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;;Then the boss went into town as we came back out on to the 214 by the army camp. The Elephant Roundabout is the staging area for the water haulers and it was stuffed. Safe to say if this crisis does not get solved the elephant breakfast will be looking for a new restaurant. Saw not only the red civil defense fire pumpers but military and private pumpers. Saw numerous drillers out and about along with numerous water trucks. Arrived at Big C and the parking lot was only about half full. We parked directly in front. Went to the restroom in back of the food court and the court area did have customers but was far from busy, all the food stalls were open. What was a dead giveaway that there was a problem outside every 3 rd aisle I would trip over a body.;;horror;; The place was deserted of customers. Personally I loved it.;;red heart;; As we were living at the south end of Big C there sit a 20000 liter private water tanker pumping water into Big C' tanks. ;;exciting;;We departed and me boss stopped at her favorite restaurant just next door to Makro. This restaurant was open and doing a brisk business. The old IQ area looks like a ghost town. That area imho needs a proper mall not a DIY.;;big smile;;

Surin Hospital water crisis 'relieved', Prawit says
PUBLISHED : 13 AUG 2019 AT 17:06

WRITER: WASSANA NANUAM

c1_1729535_190813170245.jpg

Eight artesian wells and other facilities are built at Surin Hospital to save the state-run hospital in Muang district of Surin province from a water emergency. (Photo by Wassana Nanuam)
Surin Hospital, which was facing a major water shortage last week, has been saved from its water emergency following the construction of eight artesian wells.

“The situation is now relieved,” Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon said on Tuesday after officers from the Armed Forces Development Command were ordered to help build the facilities, including a water purifier.

The state-run hospital, a key medical establishment in Surin and adjacent provinces, had earlier set up a crisis centre to deal with the regional water shortages.

The hospital alone needs between 800,000 and 1,000,000 litres of water per day, but agencies could only deliver about 10% of that amount, or 80,000 litres, to alleviate the problem.

Deputy Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Thamanat Prompow, who helped coordinate the military help, said he has not found any other hospitals facing the same problem.

He believes the province will eventually get through the unusual drought, as there are still some water sources available to areas facing the shortage, and they have also seen more rainfall recently.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is scheduled to visit Surin and neighbouring Buri Ram next Monday to inspect the measures used to relieve the shortage.

Ironic really.

The drillers are coming tomorrow together with a water provider and the back field is flooded!

Surin Hospital water crisis 'relieved', Prawit says
PUBLISHED : 13 AUG 2019 AT 17:06

WRITER: WASSANA NANUAM

c1_1729535_190813170245.jpg

Eight artesian wells and other facilities are built at Surin Hospital to save the state-run hospital in Muang district of Surin province from a water emergency. (Photo by Wassana Nanuam)
Surin Hospital, which was facing a major water shortage last week, has been saved from its water emergency following the construction of eight artesian wells.

“The situation is now relieved,” Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon said on Tuesday after officers from the Armed Forces Development Command were ordered to help build the facilities, including a water purifier.

The state-run hospital, a key medical establishment in Surin and adjacent provinces, had earlier set up a crisis centre to deal with the regional water shortages.

The hospital alone needs between 800,000 and 1,000,000 litres of water per day, but agencies could only deliver about 10% of that amount, or 80,000 litres, to alleviate the problem.

Deputy Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Thamanat Prompow, who helped coordinate the military help, said he has not found any other hospitals facing the same problem.

He believes the province will eventually get through the unusual drought, as there are still some water sources available to areas facing the shortage, and they have also seen more rainfall recently.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is scheduled to visit Surin and neighbouring Buri Ram next Monday to inspect the measures used to relieve the shortage.

That OUTSTANDING NEWS.:D:D What about water for the mortals of Surin.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;;scorn;;

A estimated 4,000 thb drill hole ends up with a lot more in total cost I can see :coldsweat:

For how long is it expected the filters will last before replacement, and what is the price for new filters?

And where did you buy these filters? I guess I will go for something similar.

The person who sold the water filtration system was recommended to us by the lady who sold the pump. The lady is the big boss of the hardware store near the main traffic lights in town. My wife telephoned the 'filter-man' and he came around to see us at the house. I understand his business premises are on the Chom Pra road, about the 10 kilometer marker, we had no need to visit him. My wife had a good rapport with both of these individuals. The borehole and pump were installed on Monday and the 'filter-man' was booked to start work today (Tuesday). His team of 4 arrived shortly after 08.00 and got to work to set up the installation. This involved moving the Hitachi water pump from it's old location and plumbing in the Mitsan DP-301 well pump too. The installation included wiring in both pumps and all the connections for the water filters, storage tank and pumps. Later in the morning my wife decided to add the second filter (resin for calcium) to the system and later still the RO unit in the kitchen. Notwithstanding the lateness of the secondary orders the installation team were very responsive to the change of plans and very good natured too. They finished the outside work around 13.00 before starting on the RO system for the kitchen. This was finished by about 14.30.

Both of the main filters, the carbon/magnesium and the resin, are forecast to last for 2 and 1/2 years before they need to have the filter material changed. Both require a 'back-wash' routine once a week to keep them in good working order. This is a relatively simple task to perform. The RO system needs the 1st of the 3 filters cleaned every 3 to 5 days. The full installation is covered by a 12-month warranty and the business is very happy to provide follow-on, on-call support services as necessary. We did not ask about the cost to replenish the filter materials though I would expect somewhere in the order of 2,000 baht per main filter.

The cost of installation for the whole system was included in the price quoted for the main filters and RO. That is, 14,000 for each of the main filters and 8,000 for the RO unit - a total of 36,000 baht. That included the supply of all pipes and fittings, the plumbing and electrical work. The team worked well, professionally and were friendly too. I did cost comparisons with two other businesses and I would say their price was very competitive. I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone on this forum. My wife does have names and telephone numbers that she will be pleased to pass on.

@Jeppe, you are most welcome to visit on your next trip home, as is your partner if she would like to get the job done sooner.

Last edited:
Ironic really.

The drillers are coming tomorrow together with a water provider and the back field is flooded!
SODS Law at it's best. You will have fun getting the drilling rig on site and even more fun getting it off again afterwards. Good luck.

SODS Law at it's best. You will have fun getting the drilling rig on site and even more fun getting it off again afterwards. Good luck.

Apparently they can "hand ball" the rig in and out. Given that I will pay Bht 100.00 each to the labourers that they find to do so.

The drilling site is some 60 metres from the concrete drive and 30 metres from the water tank (well away from the cesspit and septic tank).

Back