Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

All done now. This is how I have it configured:

I've been over it three or four times with my wife. She still hasn't got a clue how to reconfigure the walves for each situation. She still cannot remember what the walves look like when open and closed. If I die tomorrow, she'll need to get the gardener back to explain it to her again (although I'm not too sure that he's with it 100%).

After Yorky's fine schematic of his new plumbing system I decided to try and draw mine.

upload_2019-8-21_23-35-21.png

Main points of interest. This is a dual system supplied with well water and mains water. Both water sources are pumped under pressure through the carbon and resin filters into the smaller 500 litre holding tank. This is an either or, not simultaneous flow. Filtered water is then pumped under pressure to the house. In the event of no electrical power water will not flow into the house. There are 2 standpipes in the garden, one supplies filtered water, the other non-filtered water. In the event of no mains water, both outlets are available to provide water to our close neigbours.

Here is my schematic.;;bad simle;;

beer-brewing-schematic-brewer-brewery-gift-mister-tee.jpg

Final product. ;;red heart;;

2018%252F10%252F07%252F40%252F91e98805579249bbb0451c5a6f4256c6.af09a.jpg%252F1200x630.jpg

:rolleyes: Filtered water for toilets, nice @nomad97 :p

(In the event of an earthquake or power outage you'll still have clean water in the cistern.;))
And no hard deposits or tide marks on the bathroom wall tiles either. We happen to have dark blue tiles on the walls and, before the new system went in, they were badly marked by white deposits and tide marks. Much easier to keep clean now. :cool:

I've been over it three or four times with my wife. She still hasn't got a clue how to reconfigure the walves for each situation. She still cannot remember what the walves look like when open and closed. If I die tomorrow, she'll need to get the gardener back to explain it to her again (although I'm not too sure that he's with it 100%).

I've written an operating procedure for her. I'd better start working on the H&S manual and checklist now.

Pump layout 2.jpg

Nice schematic. What program do you use for this?

Only Microsoft Powerpoint; however, I copy and paste the page to Photoshop to produce a .jpeg. Producing .jpegs direct from Powerpoint does not produce satisfactory results in my opinion. I have used Coral Draw in the distant past but I found it far too complicated for a simple line diagram.

Back