Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

I don't think so!

cheesy.gif

There is a hole being bored down the road. We should find out where the water table is from that bore.

Possibly we will not. The locals appear to figure that if the drillers install 20 metres of pipe, that's where the water is. And everyone appears to be installing 20 metres of pipe (except @Jeppe). 20 metres of pipe is quite adequate if the water is at -10 or so. But it's no f**king use if the water is at 30 metres. Trust me on this one.

หลายคนผิดหวังต่อท่าทีของโรงพยาบาล ผู้รับผิดชอบเรื่องน้ำของจังหวัด รวมทั้งการโบ้ยความผิดให้สื่อโซเชียลของ ผอ.โรงพยาบาล ก็น่าผิดหวังเช่นกัน สงสารก็แต่คนไข้ และบุคคลากรในโรงพยาบาลที่เขาทำงานอย่างมีข้อจำกัดเรื่องน้ำ ...

A lot of people are disappointed in the behavior of the hospital, responsible for the water of the province, including the blame for the social media of the director. The hospital is also disappointing. Pity, but the patient and the person in the hospital where he works with water restrictions...
·
Rate this translation

+11

อาณัติชัย บุญยอ
10 hrs
#ภาพรถน้ำคนใจบุญ
#ภาพขาดน้ำคนขี้ตั๊วะ
บ่อยากเว้าหลายเหลือใจคักเขามาซอยเหลือแต่บอกว่าสุรินทร์ไหว สส.บ้านข้อยสีเกษยังมาซอยเลยซังหลายๆพวกรับผิดชอบเรื่องน้ำบอกยังไหวยังไหว...พวกเจ้าถามคนจำเป็นบ่ใช้น้ำมีข้าราชการแบบนี้รายงานดีๆสวยๆงามๆบัดเขาไปเบิ่งถึงม่องอีหลี..../หงายเงิบ/คัก/ซังๆ....

See Translation

หลายคนผิดหวังต่อท่าทีของโรงพยาบาล ผู้รับผิดชอบเรื่องน้ำของจังหวัด รวมทั้งการโบ้ยความผิดให้สื่อโซเชียลของ ผอ.โรงพยาบาล ก็น่าผิดหวังเช่นกัน สงสารก็แต่คนไข้ และบุคคลากรในโรงพยาบาลที่เขาทำงานอย่างมีข้อจำกัดเรื่องน้ำ ...

A lot of people are disappointed in the behavior of the hospital, responsible for the water of the province, including the blame for the social media of the director. The hospital is also disappointing. Pity, but the patient and the person in the hospital where he works with water restrictions...
·
Rate this translation

+11

อาณัติชัย บุญยอ
10 hrs
#ภาพรถน้ำคนใจบุญ
#ภาพขาดน้ำคนขี้ตั๊วะ
บ่อยากเว้าหลายเหลือใจคักเขามาซอยเหลือแต่บอกว่าสุรินทร์ไหว สส.บ้านข้อยสีเกษยังมาซอยเลยซังหลายๆพวกรับผิดชอบเรื่องน้ำบอกยังไหวยังไหว...พวกเจ้าถามคนจำเป็นบ่ใช้น้ำมีข้าราชการแบบนี้รายงานดีๆสวยๆงามๆบัดเขาไปเบิ่งถึงม่องอีหลี..../หงายเงิบ/คัก/ซังๆ....

See Translation
Quite right, a lot of people are really pissed off with the local authorities. In the past 7 days we have had no water from the local authorities at all. Hardly surprising when you see all the red trucks queued up around the hospital. We have had 1 red truck which my wife's friend organised for our end of the soi. The truck came from Lam Duan, not Surin. The Governor of Surin still has not declared a Red Flag situation, he is still showing Green. He retires in 5 weeks time. My wife has been quite vocal in her response to the hospital appeal to donate water and bottled drinking water. I think words like "up yours" come to mind. We have had no water for over 7 days and we will look after ourselves first.

Quite right, a lot of people are really pissed off with the local authorities. In the past 7 days we have had no water from the local authorities at all. Hardly surprising when you see all the red trucks queued up around the hospital. We have had 1 red truck which my wife's friend organised for our end of the soi. The truck came from Lam Duan, not Surin. The Governor of Surin still has not declared a Red Flag situation, he is still showing Green. He retires in 5 weeks time. My wife has been quite vocal in her response to the hospital appeal to donate water and bottled drinking water. I think words like "up yours" come to mind. We have had no water for over 7 days and we will look after ourselves first.

Yup. Heard the governor is not going to do anything, right or wrong, as he retires in September. His replacement is coming from elsewhere I was told. Sisaket maybe. Don't remember right now.

Possibly 44 may make changes after his visit.:rolleyes: Saying that there needs to be action asap or they will be in serious trouble. By those photos it has become obvious to me that there is not enough water in the quarry. They are going to have drill wells and I do not mean a 2,3,4 or 6 inch bore. Remember Ridgecrest California that was just on the news. Population of 30k, another 5k for CLNWC and Trona and the plants. All water comes from wells and the bores are about 24 inch. Photos on this link http://www.iwvwd.com/engineering/ After 24 inch wells are in then the mud hole called Huai Saneng Reservoir needs to be deepened and enlarged along with Ampuen Reservoir.
20170210_114835-600x400.jpg

20170302_142628-600x400.jpg

Construction-of-new-water-tank-600x400.jpg

SITREP. 09.00 and we have a water shortage to support drilling operations. The man said do we have water? My wife said yes, we had over 1,000 litres in the tank. Have now emptied the tank and 12 dustbin loads from the other borehole. Going back for another 4 and 2,000 litres ordered on the phone. Drilling a borehole is a very water intensive operation. Now down at 12 metres and judging by the water we are using we are filling the water table somewhere. I wish the man had given an indication yesterday how much water he needed.

PM orders immediate solutions to water shortage in Northeast

BANGKOK, 11th August 2019 (NNT) - Government agencies are working to address difficulties brought about by drought in many areas of Thailand. The Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, who is soon to visit the northeastern provinces of Surin and Buri Ram, has already ordered relevant units to quickly supply water to Surin Hospital. He has assigned the Royal Thai Army and the Ministry of the Interior to integrate their operations to tackle the water shortage problem.

The Government Spokeswoman, Prof. Narumon Pinyosinwat, said today that Gen. Prayut was concerned about the effects of the drought in many areas, particularly in Surin province, after the provincial hospital faced a severe water shortage. Relevant units have been instructed to provide immediate assistance to people in drought-hit areas. The Prime Minister will visit Surin and Buri Ram to meet the local people and follow up on the water situation in the near future.

The Director of Surin Hospital said today his hospital faced a severe water shortage earlier this week. Water previously received by the hospital could not be used for medical purposes, as the water wasn’t clean enough and had a high concentration of sediment. The hospital had to declare an emergency and worked with several units to solve the problem urgently.

The water level of the Mekong River in Nong Khai province has dropped over three consecutive days. According to the Department of Water Resource, its water level was recently measured at 4.23 meters, down by 61 centimeters on Saturday (Aug 11). The water level was 7.97 meters below the embankment. It is expected to decrease further if there is no rainfall. The dry spell has greatly affected fishermen along the Mekong River. Many fishermen have decided to suspend their activiies until the situation improves.

-- © Copyright NNT 2019-08-12

SITREP - 12.45 and the drilling is ongoing. @Yorky please note, you will need at least 2,000 litres of water on hand to drill a well, if not 3,000 litres. We had to buy in 2,500 litres at short notice. Water was found at 10 metres down and we are about 2 metres above the level of the surrounding paddy fields. That portion of the well has been lined with 2" dia blue PVC piping. After 10 metres they hit 'rocks' or do they mean shale. Now they continue drilling down and they want to go to 40 metres in total. Yes, water is there at 10 metres or so but the good stuff is below 30 metres. That's the best I can tell you at the moment.

SITREP - 12.45 and the drilling is ongoing. @Yorky please note, you will need at least 2,000 litres of water on hand to drill a well, if not 3,000 litres. We had to buy in 2,500 litres at short notice. Water was found at 10 metres down and we are about 2 metres above the level of the surrounding paddy fields. That portion of the well has been lined with 2" dia blue PVC piping. After 10 metres they hit 'rocks' or do they mean shale. Now they continue drilling down and they want to go to 40 metres in total. Yes, water is there at 10 metres or so but the good stuff is below 30 metres. That's the best I can tell you at the moment.

At least we now appear to have a definitive answer as the the level of the water table. This seems to concur with @Merlin who is probably located a couple of metres higher than us.

Do you have an additional 20 metres of 2" pipe (taps)?

At least we now appear to have a definitive answer as the the level of the water table. This seems to concur with @Merlin who is probably located a couple of metres higher than us.

Do you have an additional 20 metres of 2" pipe (taps)?

Correction. Water was found at 12 metres not 10 metres as stated. We are 2 metres above paddy field level so say the water table starts at 10 metres. The borer said there is good water below 20 metres or so and he will stop at 30 metres. There is no PVC lining below 10 metres and the drill fits within that diameter. The hole is lined by the 'rocks' below 10 metres. I guess it is loose soil/clay/mud for the 1st 10 metres that requires the lining. Thereafter, they are drilling into something more solid that does not require a liner. Wait and see how much 1" pipe goes down the hole.

Nie8W8J.jpg

If the average rainfall in Surin during August is 256mm and we are over a third the way through the month I have recorded less than 35mm

This was the only rain I have received more than 1mm:

AR5QARv.jpg

Back