90-day report and extensions

I prefer to apply for my extension as soon as possible but given the 90 day report that coincides, I would like to apply 12 days before. However, if I apply on 1st June at the "new" offices, if it doesn't work I can just carry on to Kab Cheong anyway.

I shall await confirmation of the opening of the office.

The first few days are likely to be chaotic anyway so I may not bother.
My thoughts also..

For info - on Thaivisa - but I wouldn't know how accurate, true, all of them, some of them, etc etc

"So the news is that on 27 of May the Thai consulates will no longer be allowed to issue any visas, COE or notarise any documents. Don't know if this is applicable to every consulate out there but it seems to be. Hence the only place that will still issue them will be a Thai Embassy, which is of course not located in every country."

(A 1-year visa via the Hull consulate used to be easy and welcoming).

For info - on Thaivisa - but I wouldn't know how accurate, true, all of them, some of them, etc etc

"So the news is that on 27 of May the Thai consulates will no longer be allowed to issue any visas, COE or notarise any documents. Don't know if this is applicable to every consulate out there but it seems to be. Hence the only place that will still issue them will be a Thai Embassy, which is of course not located in every country."

(A 1-year visa via the Hull consulate used to be easy and welcoming).
I used Hull for all my needs before coming here permanently in 1986. Strangely, the man running the consulate (a Brit) had never even been to Thailand.

The Royal Thai Consulate office in Hull is now closed. ALL Thailand Enquiries - including visa enquiries - must be addressed directly to the Royal Thai Embassy, London. We are unable to assist with any visa applications; do not send any post to, or visit, the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull.

We take this opportunity to thank all the people who have used the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull over the years, many of whom have become loyal friends.

I've never used an Embassy or Consulate in UK. All my visas have been obtained in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur or Manila (and ThaiVisa in Bangkok).
I only used Hull as they had a very good reputation. A friend recently got a 60day visa from Cardiff ( through an agent).

I only used Hull as they had a very good reputation. A friend recently got a 60day visa from Cardiff ( through an agent).

Why would you use an agent for a tourist visa? Genuine question, I cannot think of any reason why you would do that.

Well, he hasn't got any of those. I suppose he could persuade someone to counterfeit something for him.
Things are not sometimes as easy as it used to be. The Teachers Council have been known to ask for confirmation letters & transcripts from the Foreign Universities if your to work in a government school.
The days of Khao San Road copies are long gone.

Dont know the answer to that, as he did it on his own back & not my business.

You seemed to think that the agent was worthy of mention "(through an agent)" - pointless making reference to one unless there was a purpose in using one.

Back