90-day report and extensions

Since the "fixing" of the on-line 90 day reporting software, many folks on ThaiVisa have reported failures to access the second page of the application and the dreaded "visit your local office" was returned.
I have been trying for a couple of days to do my 90 report on line and have experienced the same problem

Paragraph 6 of that "Criteria" still makes no sense whatsoever to me.
I think it is perfectly clear. If you got your first extension to stay before 21st October 1998, you are subject to different financial criteria than those who obtained their permission to stay after that date. It's called "grandfathering", and such people are exempt from the financial criteria that is applicable to those who came after that date. The applicable financial criteria for those who had extensions before 21st October 1998 are shown at sub paragraphs 6a, and 6b.

Did you do your last 90 day report in person, @ColinW?
No I did it online
Since my last 90 day I have done my annual renewal and I wondered if it's connected to that and perhaps they are going to want to see my bank deposit book to check I haven't withdrawn any money.

No I did it online
Since my last 90 day I have done my annual renewal and I wondered if it's connected to that and perhaps they are going to want to see my bank deposit book to check I haven't withdrawn any money.

I'll be there in person on Tuesday morning so I may be able to shed some light.

When you did your renewal did Immigration also confirm your 90 day? I.e. is your next date to report 90 days after the date that you applied for your renewal of extension to stay?

I think it is perfectly clear. If you got your first extension to stay before 21st October 1998, you are subject to different financial criteria than those who obtained their permission to stay after that date. It's called "grandfathering", and such people are exempt from the financial criteria that is applicable to those who came after that date. The applicable financial criteria for those who had extensions before 21st October 1998 are shown at sub paragraphs 6a, and 6b.

In 1998 the criteria for an extension of stay based upon retirement included that you had to be older than 55 years. If you were older than 55 years in 1998 then you would now be at least 78 years old. Fullfilling the requirements of para a) is therefore obvious whereas fullfilling the requirements of para b) is mathematically impossible.

No I did it online

Not connected.

Unless Surin did a new 90 day report for you your report date will be unchanged.

90 day reporting and annual extensions are unrelated.

If you were required to visit to show 800k after 3 months you would have an appointment letter like mine.

Not connected.

In Surin Immigration they now appear to be connected.

I last reported in person on 21st April 2021 and my next report date is 6th June 2021 some 47 days later which, by coincidence, is the same date as the expiration of my current extension of stay.

I'll be there in person on Tuesday morning so I may be able to shed some light.

When you did your renewal did Immigration also confirm your 90 day? I.e. is your next date to report 90 days after the date that you applied for your renewal of extension to stay?
I did my extension of stay renewal on the 3rd March and the Officer specifically showed me where he had stapled the paper into my passport showing my next 90 day was due 31st May

I last reported in person on 21st April 2021 and my next report date is 6th June 2021 some 47 days later which, by coincidence, is the same date as the expiration of my current extension of stay.

There is no requirement for them to be connected.

Just because SI routinely do a report when you extend doesn't make it necessary. It is probably a convenience for you because you report in person.

A nice IO in Buriram did mine when doing my extension one year, believing he was helping me - waste of time; 5 weeks later I returned from an overseas trip and the 90 days clock started again.

5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

That is patently incorrect.

90 days from 21 April is 19th July..... simple as that, you were short-changed. Why would an I/O do that?

It makes no difference as you will be visiting SI by then to do your extension. Not an issue for you as long as your next report date is 3rd September (or 90 days from the date of your visit.).

That is patently incorrect.

90 days from 21 April is 19th July..... simple as that, you were short-changed. Why would an I/O do that?

It makes no difference as you will be visiting SI by then to do your extension. Not an issue for you as long as your next report date is 3rd September (or 90 days from the date of your visit.).

Back when Kap Cheog immigration was closed and Chock Chai was the "local" office for us, we could 90 day report at Chomg Chom (adjacent to the exit point) Jelly Dave was given a much reduced period for his next report to coincide with his next extension application date. The IO explained it to Dave (after he'd already done it) and Dave was not unhappy with it.

It all goes to verify @gotlost's opinion that the Immigration Officers have the power to do whatever they like, irrespective of the "rules".

Back when Kap Cheog immigration was closed and Chock Chai was the "local" office for us, we could 90 day report at Chomg Chom (adjacent to the exit point) Jelly Dave was given a much reduced period for his next report to coincide with his next extension application date. The IO explained it to Dave (after he'd already done it) and Dave was not unhappy with it.

It all goes to verify @gotlost's opinion that the Immigration Officers have the power to do whatever they like, irrespective of the "rules".

They do indeed have the power; they are God's and have total control of what we walk out of their office with.

A truncated 90 days matters not when it coincides with your extension date. It is just pointless.

My extension date is 19 June, my 90 day reporting date is not.

A truncated 90 days matters not when it coincides with your extension date. It is just pointless.

In my opinion it wasn't pointless when on-line reporting wasn't available. Bringing your 90 date report date within the confines of your next application for extension of stay date could have reduced the number of times per year that it was necessary to present yourself at the immigration office. Which is the only time it has happened in my experience.

I have no idea how many Immigration Officers actually know that on-line reporting is available (sometimes).

Report from Surin Immigration today:

Kasikorn Bank, Surin at 08:30 - Obtained passbook update and confirmation letter by 09:10 (staff were late). ฿100.00 fee.

Surin Immigration at 09:55 - Presented all documentation as presented for my last application. Spent another 30 minutes completing another six irrelevant forms and the Immigration representative confirmed that everything was in order (฿800,000.00 in the bank method).

Surin Immigration 11:00 - Immigration Officer advised that the pages of the passbook did not reflect monthly entries, i.e. only cumulative entries (December, January and May). Advised to return to the bank (Kasikorn) to obtain a signed written statement to show the previous three months transactions for the account provided.

My wife asked why, as last year our submitted documents were as per this year's submitted documents? "New boss" He said.

Kasikorn Bank, Prassat 11:30 - Busy but we knew the manager (ex Robinson's Surin) so our request was expeditiously dealt with. ฿100.00 fee. Left around 11:45.

Surin Immigration 12:10 - Submitted the additional document (during lunch hour).

Surin Immigration 12:40 - Asked to enter the office for the photograph. Paid ฿2,000.00 and received ฿100.00 change and a receipt.

Surin Immigration 12:50 - Presented with my passport with an extension of stay until 6th June 2022. Also a confirmation of 90 day report valid until 22nd August 2021 (which I hadn't actually asked for - online application still pending at 17:15 today).

Bamboozled 01:35 - Finally got a beer!

Notes: Trying to follow @CO-CO's advice, I tried to download the "new" TM 7 form. No luck, The immigration site was inaccessible and all other sites had the same old form to download. I completed the old form and printed it - at least it would be simple to transpose the information to the new form if required. The attendant saw the form and said "this isn't right" then proceeded to peel off my photograph, photocopy both sides and stick the photo back on the then second page. I did not comment.

Last edited:
As far as I can determine there is no difference. I shall scan the copy of the "new" form (as provided by Immigration today) and post it on here tomorrow, and let members decide.

Please do. Thank you.

Finally, is it a 1 piece of paper form printed on both sides, or 2 separate pieces of paper form? I have always used the template as shown in the download, on 1 piece of paper, printed on both sides.

Please do. Thank you.

Finally, is it a 1 piece of paper form printed on both sides, or 2 separate pieces of paper form? I have always used the template as shown in the download, on 1 piece of paper, printed on both sides.

It is one piece of paper printed both sides. Which confused me when she went through the process of removing my photograph (which @CO-CO has already stated was not necessary upon his application at Buriram recently) copying the reverse side, then scoring out the reverse side of my original and gluing the photo to the copy to now have two pages. Obviously I don't have the submitted papers so cannot present a visual.

It appears to prove that the "new boss" is not always the same as "the old boss" whatever Roger Daltry says.

Back