90-day report and extensions

You seemed to think that the agent was worthy of mention "(through an agent)" - pointless making reference to one unless there was a purpose in using one.
I mentioned to explain a third party was involved in obtaining the visa, so there may be room for something unbeknownst to have happened.

They gave Ivor a job..... :joycat: :cool:
I don't work for a school so different rules/conditions apply.
They accepted the 4 qualification certificates that i studied for, in UK
after id left Surin, when my Mother was dying in a hospice. Simular to you, I also had decades of work experience dealing with business in UK, that was considered advantageous when applying for a post in a Business English department. Been there for over 10 years now!!!

I don't work for a school so different rules/conditions apply.
They accepted the 4 qualification certificates that i studied for, in UK
after id left Surin, when my Mother was dying in a hospice. Simular to you, I also had decades of work experience dealing with business in UK, that was considered advantageous when applying for a post in a Business English department. Been there for over 10 years now!!!

Your comment made me think........ not worked for a bank for 17 years - and not worked at all for 14 years.

Heard about this a few months back. A mate had to take his passbook when doing 90 days in SSK, i think 2 times then it was forgotten/disregarded.

I am just going drop a pic into this discussion without any comment. I'll be back in a couple of days to read the replies ;)

View attachment 40396

Actually, the regulation is not new - possibly two or three years old. There have been no reports (that I've seen) that require subsequent visits to immigration to show proof of bank balances.

Heard about this a few months back. A mate had to take his passbook when doing 90 days in SSK, i think 2 times then it was forgotten/disregarded.
Actually, the regulation is not new - possibly two or three years old. There have been no reports (that I've seen) that require subsequent visits to immigration to show proof of bank balances.

Now there is one.

Whilst of no direct interest to members, who deal with Surin Immigration, I thought I would recount my first application for an extension at Chonburi (Jomtien) Immigration. @Bandersnatch I can also give first hand experience of the requirement to maintain 800k after 3 months (then minimum 400k until 2 months before expiry, then 800k)

I had previously used the monthly income method with Buriram Immigration. I changed address to Jomtien Immigration earlier this year when my 90 day report was due. This year I was applying on the basis of 800k in the bank and I moved money in on 12th March. My expiry date was 19th June.

Jomtien Immigration office opens at 8.30 am and I don't like to be in early melee. I planned to get to the nearby Kasikorn Bank on Beach Road soi 3 for 8.15 am. Running 10 minutes late didn't matter as I discovered that K Bank doesn't open until 9.00 am. First customer in, waited 5 mins until the desk dealing with bank letters opened. Very efficient, they are obviously well-versed with providing financial information for Immigration. 100 Baht for the letter and an attempt to tip 20 Baht for the requested photocopy of the bank book was waived away - "my boss would kill me if I take money" (obviously the staff have not been trained by Immigration!). The lady asked if I needed 12 months bank statements and I replied that I didn't think they would be needed as I was doing the money in the bank method.

On to Immigration which was only 500 metres away. Queued outside in direct sunshine for 5 mins or so before being let inside where you show your passport and announce the reason for your visit. My retirement extension was dealt with by desk 8. I sat down near the desk for 5-10 mins while the previous people were cleared and my number was called. A pleasant young man checked all my papers (which were impeccably presented in accordance with the guide notes provided by Pattaya Expats Club). After little more than 5 minutes he said "everything is fine, I just need 12 months' bank statements to show my Captain" !!! I did question the need as this was an extension based on money in the bank. He very politely pointed out as my last extension was based on monthly income I had to show that I had conformed with the income requirements in the 10 months following approval (money in the bank being there for 2 months).

"No problem" I said and I quickly nipped back to the bank where the same lady smiled knowingly at me when I approached her and said "bank statements....". 200 Baht for 12 months worth and back to Immigration. I ringed the 12 monthly receipts of 65,000 Baht and my man was satisfied with everything.

I was given a yellow card numbered "50" and told that my passport with the extension duly stamped inside, would be available after 2pm on Monday (next working day). I knew of this practice from Nookie. I left the Immigration office at 9.30 am.Immi Letter.jpg

@Bandersnatch - I was also handed an appointment letter for 19th August when I should return with the appropriate documents to confirm that 800k was still maintained in the bank. I have attached a copy of that letter.

Since the "fixing" of the on-line 90 day reporting software, many folks on ThaiVisa have reported failures to access the second page of the application and the dreaded "visit your local office" was returned.

Although I shall be applying for my yearly extension at Kab Cheong on this Tuesday coming, I thought that I'd give the online software a go as I'm now within the 15 day window. I had no problem progressing through the three pages and submitting the application which is now showing as "PENDING" (not unexpected as today is Sunday).

[Note: I did check my last 90 day extension receipt which is logged on their system as January 2021, not 21st April 2021 when I applied in person during the failure of the software.]

Back