90-day report and extensions

I guess I fell for the usual codswallop story from Immi. When I got my visa in my hot little hand I was informed that on the first 90 day report ever I must do it in person for some reason. Well I showed. The young lady grabbed my passport and did not say a word and brought it back in around 10 minutes. Did not even ask if I was at the same address.
Well anyway the big news is, SI is getting a whole brand new building just to the left of the existing old one. That's puts rumours at rest once and for all, that it would close and move to new government house Surin. I guess it still might have a sub office there who knows.

1608031685226.png
1608031746901.png
Looks like the work on the new build just started as the pilings have only just arrived ready for piling . Substantial ones at that.

It has occurred to me that you might have to show the first time around to get on the 90 day system. The online might not recognise you as not being on the 90 day report system. Seems to work for me. Its the best excuse I can muster.

That's puts rumours at rest once and for all, that it would close and move to new government house Surin. I guess it still might have a sub office there who knows.

Good see your on the ball. I put that rumor to bed sometime back. ;;victory;;
It has occurred to me that you might have to show the first time around to get on the 90 day system. The online might not recognise you as not being on the 90 day report system. Seems to work for me. Its the best excuse I can muster.
This has always been the rule.;;bad simle;;

Members on ThaiVisa are reporting that Immigration Offices are rejecting on-line 90 day report applications if yearly extensions have been granted since the previous report was approved.

Members on ThaiVisa are reporting that Immigration Offices are rejecting on-line 90 day report applications if yearly extensions have been granted since the previous report was approved.

Hi @Yorky do you have a link? - I have just done a search for "on-line 90 day" - no joy. I also have heard that you need to show money in the bank 90 days after, but not told this at SI when I renewed last month

Hi @Yorky do you have a link? - I have just done a search for "on-line 90 day" - no joy. I also have heard that you need to show money in the bank 90 days after, but not told this at SI when I renewed last month

I believe that 180-day "money in the bank" was just talk from some IMM officers and not official IMM of Thailand policy.

Possibly it was stated to those who didn't have the full 90 day seasoning in advance of applying. I really don't know but I never read the additional 90 days following except on expat forums.

I have not been asked to report and show the money in the bank 90 days later either. However, when I am in the process of having my extension approved, the IO does check the latest pages of my passbook so I am assuming that he is ensuring that I complied with this "requirement" the previous year.

I guess I fell for the usual codswallop story from Immi. When I got my visa in my hot little hand I was informed that on the first 90 day report ever I must do it in person for some reason. Well I showed. The young lady grabbed my passport and did not say a word and brought it back in around 10 minutes. Did not even ask if I was at the same address.
Well anyway the big news is, SI is getting a whole brand new building just to the left of the existing old one. That's puts rumours at rest once and for all, that it would close and move to new government house Surin. I guess it still might have a sub office there who knows.

View attachment 37230
View attachment 37231
Looks like the work on the new build just started as the pilings have only just arrived ready for piling . Substantial ones at that.
Is the west, south or east of SI??? I will tag along with Mrs GL next week as she does my 90 day report. You're directions suck. ;;bad simle;;

You can't exactly miss it. I did say it was to the left. I reasonable person would take that to be from looking at the front of the existing building.
But then again. :grinning:
Pictures speak a thousand words.
1608438748762.png

Perhaps map reading was not one of your stronger points.

The building site, as illustrated by @Rice, is due east of the flag pole.

lowerisaan.jpg

View attachment 37230
View attachment 37231
Wrong! It does not put the rumour to bed for once and for all that Surin Immigration is not moving to the new Government Building in Surin. I was speaking to a senior immigration officer this morning while extending my permission to stay. He confirmed that new immigration offices were being built to the east of the flag pole as reported by @Rice. However, he also said that Surin Immigration as we ex-pats know it, 90-day reports, exit/re-entry stamps and extension of the annual permission to stay would be moving to Surin to the new Government Building sometime next year (2021). And that was from the horse's mouth, so to speak. :D:D:D

Back