electric bill

Incredibly cheap Yorky. No freezer? No washing machine? No shower heater? They alone would cost more than your bill.

First of all there's only two of us.

The fridge freezer is brand new and very economical as is the washing machine. The most used shower heater is 4.5 km and about 5 years old.

Despite 3 weeks when the night sky was bright with Christmas lights shining all over the house, and with four people (step-daughter home from Uni throughout, and still here now) my bill is the smallest I've received. The cooler weather has reduced aircon usage to virtually zero, but SWMBO's "new" hobby of baking everything in her cookbooks and youtube clips has increased the oven usage to a record high.

Nevertheless, 2,530 THB is an eight-year low. Still 10% of the UK State Pension though... A pity the water's too cold at present to switch off the shower heaters!

Despite 3 weeks when the night sky was bright with Christmas lights shining all over the house, and with four people (step-daughter home from Uni throughout, and still here now) my bill is the smallest I've received. The cooler weather has reduced aircon usage to virtually zero, but SWMBO's "new" hobby of baking everything in her cookbooks and youtube clips has increased the oven usage to a record high.

Nevertheless, 2,530 THB is an eight-year low. Still 10% of the UK State Pension though... A pity the water's too cold at present to switch off the shower heaters!
You have won again! 2,890 baht for the month. Pretty good for nomad's household so I will not complain.

Received the PEA bill but they didn't give a figure because my usage is so low they feel the meter is broken. Last month was 1/2 of November's bill and I imagine this months is about the same. I wonder if I doubled my usage in a month they would worry if it is the meter.

I call our electricity meter man 'Cyclops'. He comes around very early in the morning when it is still pitch black outside. He wears one of those battery-powered lights that fit around his head like a miner's lamp. Sends Bruno, the dog, ballistic every time he comes to read the meter.

Back