Extension of Visa Based on Retirement

Obviously, growing a pair of balls is the first step.

You shouldn't be bothered about what your wife thinks, even less about loss of face of a low level Immigration employee who has given you duff information.

Understand the rules, prepare your paperwork and go boldly into Surin Immigration - without your wife; this is a retirement extension application and does not require her presence.
You gave me a good belly laugh over my morning coffee, lucky I was between sips. You have given me many digs for my confrontations at SI. over time.
(Your digs well warranted mind you)
I will never get over that mental bitch shuffling paper work and looking down all the while hurling abuse at me and my wife that was totaly deaf at the time.
I did say "You know I am sitting here, and can understand every word your saying" But it did not stop. That was the day she made me wait to closing time and made all the rest of the staff uncomfortable.
What put this bitch into over drive was me pushing the point to her boss. You see I had a fresh Kor Ror 2 Friday and it was now Monday. I could of got divorced on the weekend when the Amphur office was closed after 20 years of marriage just before I go to Immigration. I told the supervisor if he agrees with this stupid precept I will place an official complaint to HO Immi One "WHERE I AM BANNED TO GO" But that's another story. Please nobody spit their coffee.

I am just now compiling my visa extension based on marriage now. I cannot wait for the next round and will even go to Kap Cheong just for the entertainment.
I just don't give a shit. They can throw me out if they like for my bad attitude. Only draw back is the wife will not like it. Come to think of it this is why wives don't kick up over insults thrown their way. They fear what might happen if they tell hubby. My wife included does not say anything.
PS
The most horrid insults I ever heard were to another couple in front of us a long while back this IO was saying these horrid things to this woman with her hubby sitting along side he was smiling all the while to not let on and the poor lass was just expressionless. Is it really necessary to say to a girls face "Do you enjoy whoring yourself out to this foreigner" and much worse. The rest of the office staff just look down in shame when this happens. Hopefully this culture is changing.

I WISH I WAS MAKING ALL THIS UP! But it is all true.
See once I start I cannot stop. I hate the people that perpetrate this shite. Let me iterate it is only a few that are like this.
Nobody likes a smart Arse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gave me a good belly laugh over my morning coffee, lucky I was between sips. You have given me many digs for my confrontations at SI. over time.
(Your digs well warranted mind you)
I will never get over that mental bitch shuffling paper work and looking down all the while hurling abuse at me and my wife that was totaly deaf at the time.
I did say "You know I am sitting here, and can understand every word your saying" But it did not stop. That was the day she made me wait to closing time and made all the rest of the staff uncomfortable.
What put this bitch into over drive was me pushing the point to her boss. You see I had a fresh Kor Ror 2 Friday and it was now Monday. I could of got divorced on the weekend when the Amphur office was closed after 20 years of marriage just before I go to Immigration. I told the supervisor if he agrees with this stupid precept I will place an official complaint to HO Immi One "WHERE I AM BANNED TO GO" But that's another story. Please nobody spit their coffee.

I am just now compiling my visa extension based on marriage now. I cannot wait for the next round and will even go to Kap Cheong just for the entertainment.
I just don't give a shit. They can throw me out if they like for my bad attitude. Only draw back is the wife will not like it. Come to think of it this is why wives don't kick up over insults thrown their way. They fear what might happen if they tell hubby. My wife included does not say anything.
PS
The most horrid insults I ever heard were to another couple in front of us a long while back this IO was saying these horrid things to this woman with her hubby sitting along side he was smiling all the while to not let on and the poor lass was just expressionless. Is it really necessary to say to a girls face "Do you enjoy whoring yourself out to this foreigner" and much worse. The rest of the office staff just look down in shame when this happens. Hopefully this culture is changing.

I WISH I WAS MAKING ALL THIS UP! But it is all true.
See once I start I cannot stop. I hate the people that perpetrate this shite. Let me iterate it is only a few that are like this.
Nobody likes a smart Arse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Digs" = Friendly observations......................... :smirk:

With all the continuous and almost daily problems reported with Immigration, both here on SF and on Asean Today I am more and more happy I splashed out 50,000baht 34 years ago for my daughter and I to obtain Permanent Residency Must have saved a fortune over the years with no costs incurred in 90 day reporting and annual extensions. One of the best things I ever did in Thailand. :grinning:

It,s their culture, no b*stard really knows WTF is going on.
The main problem is That the Immigration act of 1979 states broadly 'please refer to the policy statement for details of laws"
This policy statement is not publicly open to read and the IO Supervisors that read it interpret the rulings all differently.
There is only one person outside of the inner circle to ever view that policy statement (That I know of). AND THAT IS ME!
And that's how I got banned from Immi one. 55555
For those that don't know that was the day I got proved horribly wrong. You see a lot of the real stupid procedures they do are actually mandated in the policy.

Has it taught me a lesson, well kind of.

Nick -Your post "Retirement Extensions do not need wives" Wrong!because Surin Imm,say your wife has to come with you,at all times!
What if you don't have a wife?

Immigration problems is one reason I use multi O from Savannakhet. Easy to obtain and not much more expense.

I believe an extension with multi re entris permit is the same price.

Plus, I like to travel every now and then so handy to have a multi entry in my passport.

Nick -Your post "Retirement Extensions do not need wives" Wrong!because Surin Imm,say your wife has to come with you,at all times!

Let them try telling Nick that! :)

I have seen him in action when he was told that at the amphur........he soon put them right. They don't like dealing with the Farang, they can dominate and browbeat the Thai wives.

@Coco: my balls are as big as will fit in my pants as is. I've been a boss my whole adult life. Locals call me 'Tong Di'. In fact, my Thai wife says i'm too pushy a farang as it is, and embarrass her and put people off when I expect fast action, so I try to squash the American attitude, slow down, be deferential, and smile more, and accept doing things the Thai way. If I take your advice and charge into Surin immigration in a pushy way, it may make things worse long term. One of my questions is just what the regulations say about the income. Is it specified as having to be 'pension'? (That is possible: when we lived in Hawaii for 10 years after retirement, I had to pay Hawaii State income tax on my private retirement income because it was not a government pension which are exempt) Mine is technically not. I have an ample income from money I've donated to my university which is invested by them in ways better than I can get as an individual, and paid to me periodically. They get to keep what's left when I die to fund scholarships. However, that is not a 'pension'. My Social Security monthly income itself is just below the required point, perhaps 60,000 ฿ a month. Does anyone here have access to what the rules say in Thai?

Back