I received this today.

How is it that I asked my daughter to post a letter to me on 21st August 2017 (which she did) and it arrived today; yet I asked NatWest to post a letter to me on 13th August 2017 and it has still not arrived?

How is it that I asked my daughter to post a letter to me on 21st August 2017 (which she did) and it arrived today; yet I asked NatWest to post a letter to me on 13th August 2017 and it has still not arrived?
I suspect it is the Thai Post (as you probably realise)
Following my wallet being stolen on my trip to Europe my UK bank sent me a new credit card on the end of June which I received fairly quickly. On the same date my bank posted the card they posted separately a new pin number which after waiting for a further week I hadn't received.
My bank told me to destroy the replacement card and they would start again. A week after cutting up the card the bloody pin arrived.
A further replacement card was sent when again I have received the card but no pin notification. This time I'm waiting and living in hope the pin notification will arrive, luckily I don't need the pin for anything at the moment.

Last edited:
I suspect it is the Thai Post (as you probably realise)

I suspect it is the route that the bank (and seemingly every other government or pseudo government organisation) use to send their mail over here, via Schiedam, Vienna or even Lagos maybe?

I've had card readers and cards (two of each) arrive well after you would normally expect them to arrive even considering the Thai postal service. One card reader was sent via DHL: left Jersey Friday, arrived Bangkok the following Monday. By the time I got it it was 10 days later and, of course, it had by then been electronically cancelled.

DWP correspondence takes three weeks to arrive to my house yet I am able to have correspondence with them in 7 working days or less.

Rant over.

Until the DWP stopped paying benefits to Thai widows, Thai Widows & Expats would regularly receive benefit payments into our UK bank account, on behalf of the widows, yet a letter detailing who such payments were for, supposedly sent at the time payment was made, would invariably arrive 2.3 weeks later.

In my village just outside Prakhonchai, the postman does not come on days when it rains in the afternoon.!

In my village just outside Prakhonchai, the postman does not come on days when it rains in the afternoon.!

Albeit I live in Surin, but I cannot fault my local postal service. Come rain or shine (I think) they deliver the mail, recently even on a Sunday! (But it wasn't raining).

Email from the IoM divvy bank: "Please can you confirm who requested the paper bank statement for you, as I can chase this request?"

Now if I reply to that in the English that I understand, the answer would be "me". However, I do not think she meant what she actually wrote. My answer was "Customer Support NatWest International" (the same email address from which she responded).

I'm seriously becoming more enamoured with [Edit "some"] Thai banks.

Donald Trump met with the Queen of England, and he asked her,

"Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can give me?"

"Well," replied the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."

Trump frowned, and then asked, "But how do I know the people around me are really intelligent?"

The Queen took a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy; you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle."

The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. "Please send Theresa May in here, would you?"

Theresa May walked into the room and said, "Yes, Your Majesty?"

The Queen smiled and said, "Answer me this, if you would, Theresa. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, Theresa May answered, "That would be me."

"Yes! Very good," said the Queen.

Trump went back home to ask Vice President Mike Pence the same question.

"Mike, answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"

"I'm not sure," said Pence. "Let me get back to you on that one."

He went to his advisers and asked everyone, but none could give him an answer.

Finally, Pence ran in to Sarah Palin in a restaurant the next night. Pence asked, "Sarah, can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

Sarah Palin answered right back, "That's easy, it's me!"

Pence smiled, and said, "Thanks!"

Pence then, went back to speak with Trump.

"Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle. It's Sarah Palin!"

Trump got up, stomped over to Pence, and angrily yelled,

"No, you idiot! It's Theresa May!"

Our postman called by at 18:45 this evening with a package for my wife. She said "Why do you come so late?" He said "It's on my way home".

I received this email today:

"Change of Email Address

Your email address registered with your NatWest International account has been changed on 9 September 2017.

Don't hesitate to call us, go online or visit a branch if you have any queries about this change to your email address, but please do not reply to this email. You'll find details for all of our services in the 'Contact us' section of our website.

Frequently Asked Questions about the alerts service can also be found online at the following location www.natwestinternational.com.

Yours sincerely,

NatWest Digital"

Any ideas?

And I was completely and utterly incorrect!

Response: "Unfortunately the Tax Operations department does not have an email channel. All queries relating to Tax Operations are dealt with over the phone. Please can you kindly contact them on one of the below telephone numbers and they will be able to assist you with your below query."

I received this today via the Isle of Man NatWest branch from the Tax Operations department who DO NOT HAVE AN EMAIL CHANNEL!:

"Hello

The attachments were empty that were sent with this email, I have looked into the letter ref 166765 for [Yorky] and can see we have received anything however I am aware that couriers cant deliver to PO Box address so ask customer to contact the couriers to see.

Thanks"

What fukkin language are these people speaking?

Still not arrived.

The DWP are no better. A letter written by them on 23rd August and allegedly sent to me has yet to arrive. Fortunately I emailed them this week about the delay, and they immediately emailed back with the required bit of information. Somewhat unusual since it involved benefit information for a widow we are assisting.

I received this today via the Isle of Man NatWest branch from the Tax Operations department who DO NOT HAVE AN EMAIL CHANNEL!:

"Hello

The attachments were empty that were sent with this email, I have looked into the letter ref 166765 for [Yorky] and can see we have received anything however I am aware that couriers cant deliver to PO Box address so ask customer to contact the couriers to see.

Thanks"

Klingon?

latest

While I was reading your document Yorky I was saying to self "This must be some financial institution talk, I just can't understand, Yorky must be able to comprehend"
Until I got to the last line, when I burst out laughing. Maybe they are using an AI program for reply s, which is as dumb as dog shite. Don't scoff, this is now being done.

Back