I received this today.

Based on a written statement received in 2002 from the Welsh Assembly Government (WAG) that they would pay me around £30,000 compensation for a C.P.O on part of the garden, disturbance resulting from noise and dust, relocation costs whilst the worst of the work was done (including a week or two in a residential home for my disabled mother who was still alive then, I embarked on some £80,000 worth of repairs, maintenance, and improvement work on my former home. The compensation was to be paid immediately on completion of the road works that led to the CPO etc.

The road works commenced in 2003, and were completed in mid 2004. However, the promised compensation wasn't received until a further FIVE YEARS had passed. The house repairs commenced in late 2003 and were finished at the same time as the road works.

I was able to fund much of the repair work etc., that I'd commissioned from my savings, but was unable to complete it from those personal savings without receipt of the compensation amount, other than by borrowing against my credit cards (a decision made by me purely as the amounts would be repaid as soon as the anticipated compensation was received... hah!!!) The interest payments on around £30,000 over 5 years were crippling - made worse by NATWEST insisting that I also paid for card protection insurance on the outstanding balances. That insurance wasn't worth a penny, legally, as I was self-employed when it was issued, meaning that no benefits would be paid in the event of a claim - though that little nugget was well-hidden in NATWEST's small print. However, that proved to be NATWEST's undoing: by automatically deducting the interest and the insurance from my current account (also held at NATWEST then) and refusing to limit their withdrawals (which went on for much longer than anticipated due to WAG's failure to settle for 5 years) my current account also became overdrawn, which meant that NATWEST were making additional charges for interest on that account too, and also for stopped direct debits while they preferred their card payments instead. Such situations tend to spiral out of control very quickly!

Eventually, the compensation from WAG was received, and used by me to repay the credit card balances. However, this left an overdraft of some £8,000 on my current account! I made a claim against RBS/NATWEST for miss-selling the card protection insurance to me, and recovered almost £9,000 from them as a result. Separately, I claimed that the overdraft on my current account would not have existed had they not been collecting the credit card payments for the miss-sold insurance from it. The logic was undisputable, but they refused to concede the point. There was no compensation available for this element within the credit card complaints scheme, and I was caught in the middle of their cunning plan where the card compensation was dealt with by RBS (who had meanwhile taken responsibility for the cards issued by NATWEST) while NATWEST were dealing with the claim about the interest and charges on my current account. Not even the Ombudsman could help untangle the mess.

So, do I trust Banks now? What do you think!

I once accused an RBS manager of being disreputable (a heinous accusation coming from a former manager).

Not entirely his fault as he was batting to orders but the bastards reneged on an agreement to provide a loan facility of £1.25 m for building a crematorium. Their decision (at the time they almost went bust) finished up setting the project back 9 months and incurring additional costs of £250k+ ..... got the f**kers later on mis-selling fixed interest rates and received £100k compensation.

I was also involved in a couple of property projects personally and they made life unnecessarily uncomfortable by squeezing credit and increasing interest rates.

I'm reminded that it was RBS that funded Kraft's (initially hostile) takeover of Cadbury, and which UNITE estimated would place 30,000 jobs at risk. THat may not have happened in the end, but fancy a UK Government-owned British bank funding a venture that could have led to so many British job losses! Britain was very loyal to RBS with its death rattles. Such a shame that RBS was less loyal to its saviours!

It's now been almost 12 months since this debacle started and I've heard nothing in the last 9 months despite not providing them with what they consider is adequate proof of my address and that I am who I am (and that's all what I am).

I've also heard nothing more from the girl who wished to know where I am tax resident.

I received a spam email the other day. It was supposed to be from the UK tax office and looked reasonably genuine but it addressed me by my email account and not by name. It said that due to my tax activity this year I was due a rebate of £720 and it had a link to something called a Gateway.

Obviously I didn’t click on the link and was immediately suspicious as I e not paid any tax for over 10 years. I could see how somebody may fall for it though.

It's now been almost 12 months since this debacle started and I've heard nothing in the last 9 months despite not providing them with what they consider is adequate proof of my address and that I am who I am (and that's all what I am).

I've also heard nothing more from the girl who wished to know where I am tax resident.

Not the same authority, but there's some resonance in the following:

ACTUAL PASSPORT LETTER (Allegedly):

This, apparently, is an actual letter received by the UK Passport Office.

Dear Sirs,

I'm in the process of renewing my passport, and still cannot believe how is it that Sky Television has my address and telephone number and knows that I bought a bleeding satellite dish from them back in 1988, and yet, the Government is still asking me where I was bloody born and on what date.

Do you guys do this by hand?

My birth date you have on my pension book.

It's on all the income tax forms I've filed for the past 30 years.

It is on my National Health card.

My driving licence.

My car insurance.

On the last eight damn passports I've had.

It's on all those stupid customs declaration forms I've had to fill out before being allowed off the plane over the last 30 years.

All those insufferable census forms.

Would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my mother's name is Mary Anne, my father's name is Robert and I'd be absolutely astounded if that WOULD ever change between now and when I die!!

I apologise, I'm really pissed off this morning. Between you an' me, I've had enough of this bullshit!

You send the application to my house, then you ask me for my bleeding address!!

What is going on? Do you have a gang of neanderthal arseholes workin' there?

Look at my damn picture.

Do I look like Bin Laden?

I don't want to dig up Yasser Arafat, for shit sakes. I just want to go and park my arse on some sandy beach somewhere.

And would someone please tell me, why would you give a shit whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days?

If I ever got the urge to do something wierd to a chicken or a goat, believe you me, you'd be the last f**king people I'd want to tell!

Well, I have to go now,'cause I have to go to the other end of the poxy city to get another f**king copy of my birth certificate, to the tune of £30.

Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot to assist in the issuance of a new passport the same day?

Nooooooooooooo, that'd be too damn easy and maybe make sense.

You'd rather have us running all over the f**kin' place like chickens with our heads cut off, then WE have to find some arsehole to confirm that it's really me on the damn picture - you know, the one where we're not allowed to smile?! (bureaucratic f**kin' morons)

Hey, do you know why we couldn't smile if we wanted to? Because we're totally pissed off!

Signed

An Irate Citizen

P.S. Remember what I said above about the picture and getting someone to confirm that it's me?

Well, my family has been in this country since 1776 ...

I have served in the military for something over 30 years and have had full security clearances over 25 of those years enabling me to undertake highly secretive missions all over the world.

However, I have to get someone 'important' to verify who I am - you know, someone like my doctor ..

WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED IN FRIGGIN` PAKISTAN!

I received this URGENT notification from NatWest yesterday:

We give you notice that 60 days from the date of this letter, we shall close your account.

The letter was dated 3rd April 2018 and there was no posting date on the envelope. It was mailed via "Brucargo" Belgium. Apparently, according to Google, "Brucargo prides itself on high performance standards in international airfreight services."

I have received a response to my latest email reply (telling them they'll need to wait until I get all my ducks in a row) which is pleasant, informative and appologetic, almost forelock tugging.

Received this email this morning:

"Dear Mr "Yorky"

I can confirm that we have now received your documents and they are currently being looked at by our analyst.

Kind Regards"

f**kING ANALYST!

72660721.jpg

"Thank you for your confirmation of receipt.

And what has your "analyst" concluded from his/her observation?

Regards"

"Dear Mr 'Yorky'

It can take a few days before our analyst confirm anything . as your documents only went to them today it will be next week at the earliest if they come back to us."

I wonder how much these "analysts" are getting paid?

Back