Thai immigration clarifies situation for tourists and long term visa holders during amnesty period

Renewing my marriage extension right at this moment.
It all seems to be a similar procedure as last time.

The only difference so far is that we have to sit outside the office.

You will need to go in to have your picture taken. And remove your mask.

Yes, that happened shortly after my post.

Total time spent at SI about 2.5 hours.

That's a long time. My last visit in May was just short of one hour and the IO apologised saying it was the transfer of information to my new passport that took the time.

Albeit my extension was based upon retirement and the place was virtually empty of punters.

That's a long time. My last visit in May was just short of one hour and the IO apologised saying it was the transfer of information to my new passport that took the time.

Albeit my extension was based upon retirement and the place was virtually empty of punters.
I also have a new passport. Transfer of stuff happened for me too.

Marriage extension normally takes longer, I think. More papers. More signatures. More everything.

Marriage extension normally takes longer, I think. More papers. More signatures. More everything.

Yes. I have been told that.

Do you still need to return to SI after 30 days to obtain your extension stamp?

Yes. I have been told that.

Do you still need to return to SI after 30 days to obtain your extension stamp?
The extension based on marriage has a 30-day stamp placed in your passport, pending approval by a higher authority (I understand this is in Khon Kaen). AFAIK, you have to return to extend the stamp for a further 30 days or receive the 1-year extension stamp if approved.

The extension based on marriage has a 30-day stamp placed in your passport, pending approval by a higher authority (I understand this is in Khon Kaen). AFAIK, you have to return to extend the stamp for a further 30 days or receive the 1-year extension stamp if approved.
From an earlier post by me...been there, done that.
I did the 28 May, 2020 "Extension Application" and was "under consideration" until 27 June. I received my "Extension of Stay" on 26 June 2020, now good until 28 May, 2021. My "Notify Address" form done by SI and put in my passport says to notify on 23 September 2020.
I think that's what I need to do, and as I said I do my address reports online, but I think it will be a good idea to call SI before 31 August just to make sure.

From an earlier post by me...been there, done that.
I did the 28 May, 2020 "Extension Application" and was "under consideration" until 27 June. I received my "Extension of Stay" on 26 June 2020, now good until 28 May, 2021. My "Notify Address" form done by SI and put in my passport says to notify on 23 September 2020.
I think that's what I need to do, and as I said I do my address reports online, but I think it will be a good idea to call SI before 31 August just to make sure.

Sounds spot on, but I think that the 21st August date is an error

At SSK, Retirees have to be accompanied by their wife or return home to get some sort of questionnaire completed by them (as guarantor????).
Is that done as SI ???

At SSK, Retirees have to be accompanied by their wife or return home to get some sort of questionnaire completed by them (as guarantor????).
Is that done as SI ???

I don't understand why your wife is needed at all for a retirement visa. Do de facto couples count as well then? As de facto is not even recognised under Thai law as yet. Specially where it comes to property.

I don't understand why your wife is needed at all for a retirement visa. Do de facto couples count as well then? As de facto is not even recognised under Thai law as yet. Specially where it comes to property.

My de-facto is always required to sign one paper at Buriram. They have also often asked for a copy of her ID card................................... totally unnecessary, and irrelevant, where retirement extensions are concerned......but Immigration are a law unto themselves and I see no benefit in trying to correct them. Only one winner in that situation.

Walk in, sign whatever they put in front of me/us.......... walk out with 12 month stamp.

My de-facto is always required to sign one paper at Buriram. They have also often asked for a copy of her ID card................................... totally unnecessary, and irrelevant, where retirement extensions are concerned......but Immigration are a law unto themselves and I see no benefit in trying to correct them. Only one winner in that situation.

Walk in, sign whatever they put in front of me/us.......... walk out with 12 month stamp.
Why not confuse the buggers with a different de-facto every year:D

Sorry in advance, such is my curiosity. @ColinW does your partner, Wood receive this same treatment?
I only ask as it would be a step in the right direction for equality.

Same in Surin.

..I was referring to a few friends experiences in SSK. I don't have a wife (No.3) and am on a B' visa. The stupid annual paperchase for me involves copying the same qualifications each and every year!

Back