90-day report and extensions

Can anyone confirm. Is it that your first 90 day report ever has to be done in person. Bye the way might as well jot this here. I had a trip away recently, while I was trying to fly under the TM 30 radar.
Which I did right up until visiting The Ferret in Pattaya. I stayed at a HISO hotel that took my passport details it was a bargain and cheaper then my usual LOSO digs. Well Mrs Rice had her TM 30 App on her phone all primed with login and password on return to the rice field. All she had to do was enter in a few lines of data and that pesky farang in her house was duly reported. Just hope it all worked right.
Find out at my 90 day report won't I.

I thought TM30 rules had been relaxed and there was no longer any need for Mrs Rice to report your return.

I thought TM30 rules had been relaxed and there was no longer any need for Mrs Rice to report your return.

I did actually read that. The definitions were really vague as it is not a blanket relaxation of TM 30 at "ALL" immigration offices. I was told at SI they still expect one. But I don't know if they would enforce it.
As usual confusion reigns.

upload_2020-11-3_9-8-35.png

Found this to confirm, what I had been told.

Before doing my retirement extension last month I had my gf check my TM30 status on the app - just in case as T.I.T.

I decided to go for GSB (have a branch in Robinson) @ 0.925% on deposits held over 1 year. They give you a passbook and will write the letter for immigration. Minimum deposit is ฿1,000. I plan to make a ฿1,000 deposit every month to update the book. ฿7,400 interest per year on ฿800,000 before tax is deducted - better than nothing.

Can you not get "internet banking". Then you can do all that on your computer (except the book will not be updated). I update my passbook once or twice/year which appears to be adequate for Immigration.

Can you not get "internet banking". Then you can do all that on your computer (except the book will not be updated). I update my passbook once or twice/year which appears to be adequate for Immigration.

To activate the internet banking app you need to do it at the bank. I queued for half an hour at the Robinson branch to be told "Foreigner cannot have". Yet I have the internet banking app for SCB!

I might try again at the main branch in the city - might get a different answer.

To activate the internet banking app you need to do it at the bank. I queued for half an hour at the Robinson branch to be told "Foreigner cannot have". Yet I have the internet banking app for SCB!

I might try again at the main branch in the city - might get a different answer.

I had the response from Bangkok Bank regarding internet banking "not without a work permit" many years ago. I withdrew the majority of the savings and transferred to Kasikorn who would allow me internet banking regardless of any work permit.

If there's any dispute now over what is permitted or not permitted, I contact Head Office by email (in order to have a printable response) and then take the answer to the branch as confirmation. Even bank employees in Thailand have an initial response of "mai dai" because it loses less face that "mai roo".

Where are you getting 1.05%?

GHB now paying 1% if you deposit for at least 2 years

https://www.ghbank.co.th/assets/interest-rate/document/deposit/2563_598.pdf

When the wife signed up with GSB it was in CNX. The account she is on pays out on is on a lottery interest rate. You or I can only be the beneficiary if the wife dies. I am sure the wife has to be legal. The account pays I recall pays .3 to 6 % per month. She average about the ten years she had she gets about 2.5%. Never seen the 6%.

Last edited:
I've probably related this story before but I've got bugger all else to do at present.

We opened a joint fixed deposit account at Kasikorn Robinson's branch. I asked for internet banking access - mai dai. No explanation was given why not.

I contacted Head Office and they confirmed that I could have internet banking but only for monitoring.

I took the response to the main Kasikorn branch in Surin and the "girl on the door" and when asked our business stated mai dai (to my wife).

I'm not interested in what the lacky has to say, we will see the manager.

The assistant manager repeated the "mai dai" response until I showed him the email from Head Office.

"Oh, they must have changed it", he said.

One has to wonder WTF "they" are.

I have since had internet access to the joint fixed deposit account.

That happen once a year to one lucky holder in Thailand with all GSB. Only a Thai can do this.

But your wife has averaged an interest rate 2.5%/month for the last 10 years?

If the account started with ฿1,000,000.00 even with simple interest paid yearly that account would be worth well over ฿5,000.000.00 in 10 years!

Here in Denmark you now pay negative interest on your deposit above EUR 34k - they charge on average - 0,6%....

@Yorky why don't you start a new OP about Interest rates and all these superfluous posts can be moved there.
I am just considering the poor sod that moves to Surin in the future and looks up this OP.o_O

But your wife has averaged an interest rate 2.5%/month for the last 10 years?

If the account started with ฿1,000,000.00 even with simple interest paid yearly that account would be worth well over ฿5,000.000.00 in 10 years!
That is what I said.

@Yorky why don't you start a new OP about Interest rates and all these superfluous posts can be moved there.
I am just considering the poor sod that moves to Surin in the future and looks up this OP.o_O

I can't see that interest rates in excess of 70% p.a. could be considered superfluous posts.

Back