Extending 'permission to stay' at Kap Cheong

By the way Croc, any copies you may take with you are not required. You are now required to get your submission stamped (by the IO) and counter- signed (by yourself) before taking the whole package to the local shop in Kap Cheown to be photocopied. You then return to Immigration with your original + 1 copy. True!

I can vouch for this, Croc. Don't waste your printer ink. They will make you copy everything across the road in any case.
Annoying if you don't know in advance but forewarned is forearmed.
Welcome home by the way!

30 years ago in the Pattaya Soi 8 immigration Office(long before they moved to Jomtien) 2 IO wives opened a photocopying shop in a shed in the grounds of the immigration office. I recall they charged 10 baht for any copy, and there were always many that were needed.

Perhaps Kap Choeng are missing out there.

Last edited:
30 years ago in the Pattaya Soi 8 immigration Office(long before they moved to Jomtien) 2 IO wives opened a photocopying shop in a shed in the grounds of the immigration office. I recall they charged 10 baht for any copy, and there were always many that were needed.

Nick, they still do have the shop ( it just moved a little around the corner) and they make a lot of money and are consistently busy, as you can imagine. Great formula--low overhead/high volume.

I remember when the Khorat Immigration office was at the Chock Chai crossroads. A Farang had a bar/restaurant virtually next door and was charging Bht 20.00 per copy. I don't think the office was open for more than a year before they moved to the current location.

Nick,who do you think runs the shop in KC??

The photocopy area is right beside Immigration at Jomtien now. Much cheaper than 10 baht per copy and they know exactly what passport pages to photocopy, dependent on your application. Very slick, efficient and cheap service. Even staple your pages together in IO preferred order.

You guys just don't get it. KCI got sick and tired of all the farangs bitching about paying 5 baht for copying so KCI basically said f**k OFF go across the highway for your f**king copies.:eek::p:D BTW this is the same reason for stopping the certificate of residency.

Yes those were the days .................remember doing my first extension there, and it was suggested that I wait at the bar on the corner of the "sub soi" and Soi 8, while extension was sorted. I had a pleasant drink, and then the lady running the bar put down her mobile, to tell me all was ready and to go back to collect my passport.
What a great system they had back then !!!!!

Yes those were the days .................remember doing my first extension there, and it was suggested that I wait at the bar on the corner of the "sub soi" and Soi 8, while extension was sorted. I had a pleasant drink, and then the lady running the bar put down her mobile, to tell me all was ready and to go back to collect my passport.
What a great system they had back then !!!!!
This was in the year 2ooo by the way.

Dang, only 16 years ago I could walk on an airline without my belongings or my person being searched.
Yes Smithy, "those were the days"...I miss Archie and Edith too. :(

Dang, only 16 years ago I could walk on an airline without my belongings or my person being searched.
Yes Smithy, "those were the days"...I miss Archie and Edith too. :(

Had to Google that Coffee. "Dang is a word that was originally used by southerners. It was instead of saying damn because... I don't know why."

^^^ Thank you for posting. Reads as though were fully prepared with necessary documents and you're on your way towards a one year extension based on retirement.
Let us know how it goes after your residence visit by IMM. Good luck!
Just had the visit from one officer from KC at 20 minutes notice who asked a few questions and snooped around a bit. Wanted witnesses to verify I actually lived there. Happy to speak to the Apartment owner's authenticated on-site Manager and another family member who supplied their ID's and house books. Used his own kit to scan and print the docs for them to sign. I am sure that he asked them lots of questions about me as it took one and a half hours total. But hey ho - all smiles and instructions for me to go to Immigration near to the 30 day expiry to get the full one year extension

Did money feature anywhere ?

I guess not too much petrol money is needed to get to you BigA ? :)

Back