90-day report and extensions

Great, but it also makes one wonder if its all worthwhile or yet another paper-pushing exercise?

Of course it's not worthwhile. An irresponsible waste of time, money and resources. What is the point of it? To confirm that you live at the same address as the last time that you reported. Did any officer ask if you still lived at the same address? Did you need to provide proof that you did?

I certainly wasn't.

Of course it's not worthwhile. An irresponsible waste of time, money and resources. What is the point of it? To confirm that you live at the same address as the last time that you reported. Did any officer ask if you still lived at the same address? Did you need to provide proof that you did?

I certainly wasn't.

I actually prepared a TM47 prior to going to Immigration today. That stated that I do live at the same address and was signed by me. I left it in the truck in case it was required. It wasn't.

However, I could have lied on the TM47 of course. There was no third party verification, e.g. my wife would not have been required to confirm it.

Of course it's not worthwhile. An irresponsible waste of time, money and resources. What is the point of it?

Whose irresponsible waste of time was it - certainly not theirs.
In fact they probably have little to do with so few visitors , closed borders, etc.

(Did someone order the IT to shut down....555)
So basically the department's bureaucracy has to make itself budget worthy.
YOUR time, YOUR money and resources.
They could push paper all day long.

Think of the total bs that goes on in our own nanny-welfare state bureaucracies.
(At least you're not paying income tax here. LOL)

Whose irresponsible waste of time was it - certainly not theirs.
In fact they probably have little to do with so few visitors , closed borders, etc.

Yes, my time, my money but their resources.

Other than fuel resources surely the Government could find other posts for their employees to sit and do nothing?

[Note: there is no income to Immigration for processing 90 day reports]

Yes, my time, my money but their resources.

Other than fuel resources surely the Government could find other posts for their employees to sit and do nothing?

[Note: there is no income to Immigration for processing 90 day reports]

A totally pointless exercise as stated by many.

For the IO processing the 90 day report, it looks about as stimulating as a Thai road construction worker waving a red flag.

I actually prepared a TM47 prior to going to Immigration today. That stated that I do live at the same address and was signed by me. I left it in the truck in case it was required. It wasn't.

However, I could have lied on the TM47 of course. There was no third party verification, e.g. my wife would not have been required to confirm it.

Never mind, it was an opportunity for your wife to hone the driving skills that you taught her :smirk:

Report from phosphorescen on ThaiVisa:

"I have been doing my 90 day report online for the past couple of years. Having found that the online system was down this time I realized that I'd have to go and do it in person. I opened the immigration website to see if there was any notice posted about 90 day notices being postponed, but there wasn't. The next day (yesterday), I got a taxi to immigration in Chaengwattana, which I've done countless times over the years, only to be told that they no longer process 90 day notices there anymore. They told me I had to go and do it in Muang Thong Thani and gave me a map. I wasn't very happy as taxis to and from there already cost 1200 baht (I live on the opposite side of BKK). So I got another taxi and arrived just before 10am. I was a little perplexed to see about 200 people congregated on the second floor of a sweaty, multi-story car parking lot in the middle of a pandemic. I had to wait about 2 hours before my number was called and I left thinking, <deleted>!. "

I have heard today from Kab Cheong Immigration that the Immigration Office within the Government Offices on the Surin ring road will be open for 90 day reports and extensions of stay from 1st June onwards.

Both my 90 day and extension of stay expire on 6th June 2021 - is it worth the risk to leave it that late?

I have heard today from Kab Cheong Immigration that the Immigration Office within the Government Offices on the Surin ring road will be open for 90 day reports and extensions of stay from 1st June onwards.

Both my 90 day and extension of stay expire on 6th June 2021 - is it worth the risk to leave it that late?
UP 2 U. That gives u 4 work days.

UP 2 U. That gives u 4 work days.

I prefer to apply for my extension as soon as possible but given the 90 day report that coincides, I would like to apply 12 days before. However, if I apply on 1st June at the "new" offices, if it doesn't work I can just carry on to Kab Cheong anyway.

I shall await confirmation of the opening of the office.

The first few days are likely to be chaotic anyway so I may not bother.

Back