90-day report and extensions

It is one piece of paper printed both sides. Which confused me when she went through the process of removing my photograph (which @CO-CO has already stated was not necessary upon his application at Buriram recently) copying the reverse side, then scoring out the reverse side of my original and gluing the photo to the copy to now have two pages. Obviously I don't have the submitted papers so cannot present a visual.

It appears to prove that the "new boss" is not always the same as "the old boss" whatever Roger Daltry says.
The last time I submitted a TM 7 on 2 pieces of paper, about 3 or 4 years ago, they did the reverse. Removed the photo and hand scribed the information on 1 piece of paper, 2 sided, and ask me to sign again. 555! You just cannot win. They re-invent the wheel every year or 2.

I have compared the two TM 7s, the one that I referenced and the one referenced by @CO-CO. I agree with CO-CO, both TM 7s seem to be identical, with only one difference. My reference needs to be printed and filled in by hand while CO-CO's TM 7 can be filled in online and then printed. In the past, I have used the same form as provided by CO-CO, the version that can be filled in online and then printed.

It will be most interesting to see if @Yorky has a different TM 7 to either of the above.

@Yorky's TM7 looks the same as the other 2. However, I cannot verify that the Thai language is the same on all three. Seems they now prefer a hand-scribed, badly photocopied 2 sheets of paper to the nicely typed-in and printed single sheet (double-sided). As I said earlier, the last time I presented the TM7 on 2 sheets of paper (maybe 3 years ago), I was told in no uncertain terms that it should be submitted on a single sheet of paper, both sides. I had to fill in a new TM7.

Advice for future submissions. Use @CO-CO's typeable TM47 and print 2 versions. Fill in the form online and save to PC. Then print front and back on a single sheet of paper, and then another version on 2 separate sheets of paper. Sign both and affix photo on each. When presenting the forms to Immigration ask them to take their pick. :)

My own observations when I obtained my extension at the end of December 2020, now 5 month ago, was that new processes had more to do with the 'assistants' creating work and mixing requirements between the the money in the bank and monthly transfers methods. For the first time ever, I was told to obtain a letter from the bank to show my balance that day. They sent me to the bank, without my passport, and the first thing the bank teller asked for was my passport. Apparently, she (the teller) had told many Farangs in the previous couple of weeks to return to Immigration to pick up their passports. Ever get the feeling you are being messed around? And, as Yorky said, there were maybe 6 additional forms to complete, all in Thai and all locally produced and un-numbered, that seemed superfluous to the official documentation. Dare I say it, it's a growth industry as far as form filling is concerned.

Apparently, it is not a signature block. My daughter had difficulty translating it for me, but says it something like "Printed by whoever ..... dated 2560". Of course, we are now in the year 2564.

For information, I probably came across about 12 Immigration office employees. 9 were wearing masks, 2 had masks but not fitted and one didn't have a mask visible. All staff and customers in both the Kasikorn bank in Surin and the one in Prasat wore masks.

Other than fuel resources surely the Government could find other posts for their employees to sit and do nothing?

I've thought of a worthwhile job for the "redundant" employees. Emailing province ex-pat residents to advise them of changes in the requirements for extending their stay upon the next application?

Report from Surin Immigration today:

Kasikorn Bank, Surin at 08:30 - Obtained passbook update and confirmation letter by 09:10 (staff were late). ฿100.00 fee.

Surin Immigration at 09:55 - Presented all documentation as presented for my last application. Spent another 30 minutes completing another six irrelevant forms and the Immigration representative confirmed that everything was in order (฿800,000.00 in the bank method).

Surin Immigration 11:00 - Immigration Officer advised that the pages of the passbook did not reflect monthly entries, i.e. only cumulative entries (December, January and May). Advised to return to the bank (Kasikorn) to obtain a signed written statement to show the previous three months transactions for the account provided.

My wife asked why, as last year our submitted documents were as per this year's submitted documents? "New boss" He said.

Kasikorn Bank, Prassat 11:30 - Busy but we knew the manager (ex Robinson's Surin) so our request was expeditiously dealt with. ฿100.00 fee. Left around 11:45.

Surin Immigration 12:10 - Submitted the additional document (during lunch hour).

Surin Immigration 12:40 - Asked to enter the office for the photograph. Paid ฿2,000.00 and received ฿100.00 change and a receipt.

Surin Immigration 12:50 - Presented with my passport with an extension of stay until 6th June 2022. Also a confirmation of 90 day report valid until 22nd August 2021 (which I hadn't actually asked for - online application still pending at 17:15 today).

Bamboozled 01:35 - Finally got a beer!

Notes: Trying to follow @CO-CO's advice, I tried to download the "new" TM 7 form. No luck, The immigration site was inaccessible and all other sites had the same old form to download. I completed the old form and printed it - at least it would be simple to transpose the information to the new form if required. The attendant saw the form and said "this isn't right" then proceeded to peel off my photograph, photocopy both sides and stick the photo back on the then second page. I did not comment.

Extra note: I was not notified of any requirement to return to Surin Immigration (whichever office) with my bank passbook in 90 days or any other period of time.

I've thought of a worthwhile job for the "redundant" employees. Emailing province ex-pat residents to advise them of changes in the requirements for extending their stay upon the next application?
Or even mailing by Thai Post, 90 days before the renewal date, a complete paperwork pack for completion by each expat. Then we might get to now what is required in a timely manner and turn up with the correct paperwork.

I did my 90 day at KC Immigration this morning, we arrived about 9.30 and were in and out in just over two minutes.
When the Officer returned my passport he showed me my next reporting date and said Surin Office.
Wood asked him why I couldn't report on their internet page and the Officer told him it's not working

Back